The BEAUTYCYCLE recycling program at Nordstrom stores accepts old makeup, skin care, and hair care containers. You can find large cardboard boxes in the beauty department at local Nordstrom stores. First check if items are recyclable as part of your local recycling program. Many items such as shampoo bottles can be recycled as part of local recycling programs. This program is meant for items that are difficult to recycle. Make sure items are empty before taking items to recycle.
Items accepted for recycling
- Hair care products: empty bottles, tubes and caps from shampoo, conditioner, and styling products.
- Makeup products: empty tubes, tubs, pans, palettes, and twist-up containers from all cosmetics.
- Samples: Empty trial size tubes and vials (excluding perfume)
- Skin care products: empty bottles, tubes, and dispensers from cleansers, toners, and moisturizers.
Items NOT accepted for recycling
- Aerosol cans
- Bio-medical or bio-hazardous waste
- Electronic items such as blow dryers and hair straighteners
- Nail polish
- Nail polish remover bottles
- Perfume bottles